Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show Your Cards (Etzolix)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Empty
PostSubject: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:58 pm

Before him, a very intricate doodle of the MadCross skyline lay sketched out. Despite the haste that went into making it, it was objectively almost museum worthy. He chewed on this pencil's eraser while analyzing the lines and shading. It was almost perfect. Almost. A few of the angle's in the center were off--- as he moved in from the corners he got a little lazy with his technique admittedly. He huffed, resting his chin on the back of his hand and dropping the pencil onto the desk, his other hand balled the paper up in a halfhearted motion, then lightly slipped it off his desk. He was mildly disturbed that he hadn't been able to locate that man from before, and it bothered him evermore everyday. He didn't think too highly of the idea that someone was walking around MadCross with knowledge that he was a shape-shifter. While it was true that in the minds of those that discovered him that he may not have actually been the consul of MadCross after all, it wouldn't stop those special few from trying to find out the truth. That would inevitably lead them here, to his office. It was only a matter of time.

(-10 Source, 40 remaining)
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

Synch Points : 1650

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 am

Portalling into the man's office this was by no means his first appearance in the building. Had the man not been in his office then the reptile wouldn't even have assumed otherwise and would've continued portalling until he found the correct office of the man in charge. "So uh, no clone this time?" He asked looking at the man. He was apparently the legitimate one. Etzolix assumed that this man was going to be someone he could respect, however, only in the "keep the dimension moving" way so he was willing to even help him get around certain antics. Wearing his usual gear--ecdysis, hook blades and claws--he seemed rather nonchalant and assumed this visit was expected as he relaxed on the wall. "So where do you want to start?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 am

The paper fell to the floor beside the man as he appeared from thin air. Jake looked up at the man, eyebrow raised. "So, uh, you couldn't knock?" He folded his fingers together and grunted. "Alright, since you've offered: your name, your purpose, and how you know its me. Those three things-- answer them for me.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 am

"Nah, service in here probably sucks." He initially responded. "Inarius," he began contemplating the next question. "I don't have a purpose." He said somewhat curious now that it was asked. He really didn't and didn't feel to lie. He wanted to further this man's career. Deactivating Alveus Oculus he took off his helmet and put it on the desk. His white hair fell loose, messy, as always and his ocher eyes were revealed behind a white canvas. "I see that you've changed form with my eyes." He said as the white of his eyes--the sclerae--turned black as his pupils. "You've changed before me before when we fought and I can see the connectivity of the form and it's individual wave the same way I can see other aspects of you. However, those aspects change when you change. However, the form is always the same. You should probably invest in a technique that prevents that. Be careful because if you make it similar to whatever I inherited in this world then people will recognize you by a lack of a signature." He said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 am

"Well, you certainly are... forthcoming," he said blankly, before adding, "with that information. I guess I have two question now: the first and more important is that you seem to be implying that there are more people than you who can sense these things. Is that an incorrect assumption?"
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 am

"Of course there are more people who can do this. Sensory is a common tool used in my dimension. I personally had more ways than I currently do but I should be able to reclaim those soon. Just be aware there will always be a flaw in your design. You just have to make sure you don't let people see your trick too many times. That was your mistake," He then added. "But you're lucky I understand your role."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 am

"My role?" This man was talking non-sense, but then again, he himself as not without his few superstitions. "Alright. Interesting news. Which brings me to my second question: why divulge this information to me? Seems fairly counterproductive to individuals like yourself."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 am

"Your question leads me back to your role. You're going to keep this universe moving. You're a man with a plan. Without people like you to keep pushing forward then people will become peaceful." He paused as he leaned on the table. "And peaceful is synonymous with stagnant and weak." He paused again letting the words rest on his tongue for a moment before speaking them. "I didn't come to this dimension for peace. No, I came to this dimension for war."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:16 am

"Here for war huh?" He grinned and leaned forward on his desk. "I think I like you kid. How about doing a little work for me? You want to wage a war? I'll give you enough violence for you to gorge yourself." He grinned. "I like that idea-- moving things along. You might even assist me in a few plans in the future. For now, I'll keep those under my hat."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:32 am

"Sure, I expected this meeting to end up like this. However," he began his eyes wandering about as he thought about. "I do need to know some things."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:36 am

"Ah," his face darkened sightly. "Quid pro quo. Ask away."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:41 am

"Who is your main target? Y'know, the biggest threat to you currently?" He asked wondering if he could get more information on this person.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:45 am

"There are two. The first is the motherhood gang. I watched you and your non-informative friend fight them downtown-- their bar became a Golem if you recall." He extended his pinky finger outward. "The second would be a very clever girl who can change her appearance ever-so-slightly. She cut off a small part of my pinkie-- a problem that can leave a flaw in my disguises. Its a problem I'm working to rectify." He placed his chin on top of his hands, flashing a bright smile. "The issue lies with locating them."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:53 am

"Motherhood gang. I've heard some things about them but they're also a gang. The female seems like an easier target. Do you have any information on her?" He asked not particularly worried about an individual.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:02 am

"I do," he said. His appearance changed, and before Inarius' eyes he became her (-10 source, 30 remaining). "She looks and sounds like this."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 am

His face dropped as he turned into Yukina. It was obvious that there was familiarity between the two and he didn't try to hide it. He put his helmet on again before he spoke. "Yukina." He said to the man.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 am

His response was very plain. "You know her?"
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:20 am

"I love her." His voice full of spite. Some truths were painful to admit.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:26 am

"Hmm. Here's the thing: I have nothing to gain from her death, so I won't ask you to kill her." He could tell from this young man's voice that while he almost loathe his attachment to this girl, there was in fact a strong one. "If you can make her cease her activities, then that works out the same for me."
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:30 am

"There lies an issue." He began. "Constant conflict is the only way things will progress. So a complete cease in activities? I guarantee because that defeats what I'm here for. However, I can help in certain ways to keep the conflict alive such as providing protection."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 am

"Protection, you say?" He grinned. "How would you protect me from this... "Yukina? Would she not stand down from you, Inarius?"
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:08 am

"She stands down for no one." He said plainly yet his eyes would betray him and show a fondness of her admiration. However, being behind the mask did ensure that he wouldn't be seen doing this which was one of the reasons why he wore the mask. So that way he could lie with his voice and not need his face. However, this was something he would do regardless had he not had his mask on.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 pm

"I suppose I'll have you deal with her as you like," he began. He followed up with, "the people who work with me are treated well. You'll have a home and your expenses will be taken care of, in addition to a salary." He reclined back into his chair, fingers still folded into each other.
Back to top Go down
Etzolix

Etzolix

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm

"No need to worry. I won't let her walk all over me either. Far from that." He said the bloodlust in his voice apparent despite it being mixed with some other emotion that wasn't readily identified by himself. Perhaps he enjoyed the fact that she could challenge now? "None of that is required. I'd rather not exist under official governmental documentation." He said. "I'm sure you can understand."
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 pm

"Working with me is a different animal than working for a government. You not be on any official documents, yet receive plenty of benefits. However, its up to you in the end I suppose. As long as you keep her from interrupting me, I'm satisfied."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Your Cards (Etzolix)   Show Your Cards (Etzolix) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show Your Cards (Etzolix)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next