Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Infusion Alpha

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iscia

Synch Points : 550

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:28 am

Name: Infusion Alpha

Source: 30 To start, 5 per post to maintain (Excluding first post)

Duration: To the limit of source energy.

Element: Source, Space, Nature, Illusion

Advantages: Boosts allied attack strength by effectively doubling their attacks (Minus 50% overall strength of the original). Potential to proc with "Touch of Death"

Drawbacks: Caster rendered unconscious

Description: Once infusion alpha has been cast, the caster falls unconscious and unable to defend themselves. Once this is done, they project a bluish ghost image that looks like themselves into an ally of their choosing. The ghost image is treated as being affected by any skill that affects the castee's (Recipient's) form in any way, the ghost is also changed to scale. The ghost image is always .2 seconds in appearance behind the host, and can overlap the host. The ghost image has no physical properties and cannot be destroyed through normal means. When an ally takes any action, the ghost follows up, and .2 seconds later does the exact same thing. When in combat, any blows that are dealt by an ally to an enemy are followed up .2 seconds later at half severity. If the ghost misses, no damage is done by the ghost. Any foe hit by any damage from ghost image is applied the debuff "Touch of death". "Touch of death" can stack up to three times, and lasts for 4 posts. Each one reduces the target's Physical defense value by 1%.
For the assistance of clarity, an example will be provided below of it's use in combat, and how it follows up. If the host dies, the form is broken and all source used in the casting lost. If the caster dies, the effect wears off immediately.

Example: (Target being the enemy, ghost being the image, ally being the recipient of the infusion)

Ally throws a punch to the gut, catching target off guard, overlapping ghost image follows up .2 seconds later, doing the same thing at 1/2 strength and leaving one "Touch of Death" proc for the next 4 of the target's posts. Next, Ally kicks Target in the chest, sending them flying. Ghost image attempts to kick, but target is out of range now due to physics being a butt. No effect.

Last edited by Iscia on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 am

The first thing I need to point out is that for touch of death or any physical damage from the ghot, the image will need to make contact. If a person moves out of the way of .5 seconds of the initial hit and aren't in the space anymore, they can't take the damage.

On the subject of Touch of Death, how would the stack work? Does each successful hit restore the post duration or does it continuously taper off every four posts?
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:58 am

Each one has it's own counter, and a fresh one landing won't replenish an old one, but if 3 already exist it may replace the oldest one. Also I don't see why the ghost has to hit, might you elucidate why for me?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 am

Alright to the touch of death.

As for the ghost, think of it like this: If the person you cast this on got hit and then somehow, someway in that .5 seconds managed to step out of range they would still be hit. In that respect, its less like an additional hit and more like an invisible time bomb with no method to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:33 am

Well I know that, and the reason I did it that way is more like to add damage to the original strike. If I wanted to I could have the ghost image fully synchronized with the cast-ee, and that would guarantee that it would work, but I wanted to delay it by .5 seconds for raw aesthetic appeal. I feel it's not so much an auto hit, as it is "It already hit, it's just delayed". At least that's how I saw it. But, if you absolutely don't want me to, I can refine it how you suggested.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 am

The fully synch up option would be fair, because otherwise it only makes sense if you had time as an element so it could be a literal delayed hit. Refine it and we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:11 am

(I was gunna pick time as an element too... but nooooo I decided to be a smarta** and use illusion....)

There, happy? :p
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Get rid of the seven post max. If you're paying per post its unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Oh right, used to having a cap on that... there ya go.
Also, since the delayed strike was removed, may I shorten the time between the ghost's actions and the host's to. 2 seconds? It should allow for more consistent damage.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:20 pm

That would raise the cost a fair amount, but yes. It would be 30 instead of 20 source.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:28 am

In the grand scheme of things, 10 source is negligible. Consider it done.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 am

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infusion Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infusion Alpha   Infusion Alpha Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infusion Alpha
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sohtrie's Source :: Creation :: Rhythms-
Jump to: