Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Empty
PostSubject: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip.

The water fell from the top of the cave in a gentle, quiet rhythm. In the darkness stood a man about 5'8" in height with with his unkempt brown hair and murky gray eyes resting upon a face tired and hollow from ages far gone. His clean, black suit reflected somewhat in the dim light of the cavern as he oversaw workers climbing atop scaffolding to reach the leak he heard. "Hurry it up," he said angrily. "Its been two hours. Find that damn leak. If MadCross floods again you'll be the forth expedition to be lost in the sunken city." He wasn't bluffing; He had a tendency to force that hell on people he wasn't fond of. He recounted last time he'd let the lea go unattended to-- the downtown area was uninhabitable for nearly a month before the water pumps came online. They wren't working properly as a result of neglect on the part of the previous Consul of the sector-- he never believed there would be a need to utilize them, and as such they corroded themselves into dysfunction. This time, everything was prepared for. The pumps had been either repaired or replaced depending on their condition, and the down town area had been fortified with extra layers of non-corrodible cement and a specially made metal substitute to withstand the pressure. Now, he needed only to find the leak. What a chore that was proving to be. He sighed as he reclined against a cave wall, the cold stone cooling his back and relaxing him. He still had to find his stooge to run Altostratus, but it seemed that would be on hold for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

Synch Points : 470

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Humpf!

The sound echoed throughout the cavern as Azmot fell through the Tree in Halloween Town. The Pumpkin King had been investigating new Holiday trees when he noticed a ripple, like the bark had turned to liquid. Touching the ripple, Azmot simply fell through and landed in the rocky expanse, the moist air feeling obviously different from where he just was. Was it some sort of portal?

Shaking his head, Azmot looked in his immediate area. His clothes were different; he couldn't even feel his Darkblades creeping on his presence. It's like they didn't exist anymore. Azmot then noticed something much more strange; his left arm. No magical appendage, no strings. Just an arm. Finally, he realized that Sid and the Husk were gone. He couldn't feel them, and when he tried speaking to them it was like he was speaking to himself. It was tragic. He felt empty. However, Azmot noticed two blades on either side of him. They weren't overly large, but they looked strange.

Taking them both in his hand, Azmot felt a tinge of completeness. He couldn't explain it, but he felt as if he was whole at this very moment. However, once he noticed he wasn't alone, he decided not to express this emotion. A slightly shorter man stood under the now standing boy, who glanced around occasionally to survey the area while shouting something near the top of the cave. Instinctively, Azmot sheathed both of his swords, which had an appropriate sheathe for each on his back. Looking at the man, Azmot spoke.

Hey, uh, where am I, exactly? he said innocently. He didn't feel as defensive as he had moments ago; Azmot felt like he was fresh, that he had just started anew.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:41 pm

A thump and metallic clatter was what Jake heard. He raised an eyebrow and lifted his hand unceremoniously, several cocking noises being heard. The construction workers were packing, and each gun was trained on the newcomer. He turned his head, examining the newcomer that stood before him with a grim king of amusement. He stood slightly taller than Jake's current form, with odd clothing that made him seem to be a newcomer to MadCross. If he'd had any idea where he was, he'd wear something less conspicuous. "Hey, uh, where am I, exactly?" Bingo. More than just MadCross, he may have been a new arrival to Abaddon itself. Too bad he'd be dying so soon. Jake had a very low tolerance for idiots, but as his hand turned to motion for this man's immediate demise he had the thought that he might pause for dramatic effect. One man fired prematurely but managed to direct his fire away, sending a magic blue orb bouncing down the tunnel and lighting it up for some distance before fading. The other men started jeering at their compatriots while Jake maintained his expression.

"...idiots," Jake repeated under his breath. Then, slightly louder but still a whisper he said it again, only singular. "Idiot." A realization hit: before him stood a gentleman who may be just what he needed. A wide grin formed across his face as he made a motion for the men to drop their guns and go back to finding the leak. "You must be a new arrival," he said enthusiastically. "Am I correct?" he was asking to establish a setting to start from-- he already knew the answer.
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Alright... this guy's kind of a dick. Azmot said, taking the place of Sid's usual banter. He was a little rude. However, something must have stirred in him, as he was spared some sort of magical attack and the men lowered there guns. Might as well be curious to someone who decided NOT to kill him. Uh, yeah, I am. Thank you for, ya know, not attacking me. By the way, what are those things slinging metal? Some sort of magic? Azmot said, his head cocked. If he wasn't going to be killed, he might as well milk some information out of it. He let his instincts as a teenager kick in; be rebellious, cocky, but be cute about it. He didn't figure the man standing before him would be much effective, but maybe the guards would be kind. This man was obviously nothing of the sort. So, uh, where am I, exactly?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:16 am

"They're called guns," he said plainly, "and they are lethal. Its good thing that dumb-ass had the sense to redirect his fire." He turned his head to cast a brief glare at the man who fired and the few around him who laughed. They were going to be on the next expedition for sure. He turned his stare, indignant ad powerful back to the boy. "You, uh, are in Abaddon, exactly." His voice was mocking and bland at the same time, his demeanor shifting to interest steadily. "You're name. What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Yeah, I figured. This is no Halloween Town. Azmot sighed, looking around for an exit. It was dark, and he was still a little hazy from the sudden shift in worlds, so he couldn't find one nearest to him. You can call me Sid. Azmot said, giving the man a not-so-false name. He really didn't trust this man, something he learned to value in his time. Trust led to, ultimately, dying. He did that way to much to just do it again. Before I go look for a way out, maybe some higher ground so to speak, what's yours?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm

"Sid," he tasted the name. This man before him was... Sid? "I can call you a lot of things, but unless Sid is your name I shall call you something else, like mook." He tapped his foot and sighed before point to himelf with his thumb. A cocky grin on his face, he introduced himself like a performer. "My name is Jake, but you can call me the Leader of MadCross you stupid mook."
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 am

MadCross must be a shithole, then. Azmot said as if bored. He was rather upset that he was being insulted by some man he had just met, but he was more curious about where he was. If a confrontation is what Jake wanted, then it would be accepted. Though Azmot figured that he wouldn't fight fairly. Sid is my name, yes. People have named me many things, and Sid is one of them. Others being King, or Monster. Take your pick. Shrugging, he looked around once more, still not finding an exit. His still blank expression completely reflected his feelings, which was rare for the sheltered boy. There wasn't much to do but wait for Jake to lead him away, really.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 am

"I like mook better. It suits you, Sid." He waved a hand at the boy nonchalantly. However, this boy did mention king... as in leader. Just maybe... "I assume the two terms leader and monster were connected?"
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:55 am

I guess you could say that. King is really just a shortened term of Pumpkin King, as per my title of being Mayor of Halloween Town. Monster was really just a term I got from the man who revived me the first time I died. Azmot said, mentioning it as if death were no consequence. His anger passed, honestly; Jake seemed not rude, just... old. He seemed to be experienced, though he didn't seem too old. Not angry, just... pitying, almost. Like he viewed himself over people. Or maybe he really was just an asshole.

So, can we find a way out of here, or do you have some totally cliche line about how I'm never leaving this cave alive? Azmot asked, rather honestly. He wanted to know if this was a dangerous situation or not. It was pretty much routine so far; get threatened by some guy, fight them, get cool shit, get lost, fight some guy, get cool shit, rinse, wash, and repeat. Azmot wondered if he would get a Keyblade this time. He always thought they were really gay, but he decided he would probably just unlock girls showerroom door's with it. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 am

Coldly, he began calculating his next move. Apparent leadership experience meant that he had some knowledge. At least, enough to get in office... and from his apparent intelligence level, he could be exactly what Jake needed. "If I had wanted you dead, I wouldn't have called off the idiots. But, your appearance may be an act of providence on the part of our city. The leader of Altostratus is missing, and we would need some new blood to fill his spot." He was bold with his words, confident as he approached the young man. "So Sid, do you think you're up to it?"
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:57 pm

This Jake guy moved rather fast. Azmot liked it. It was easier to throw away the useless banter, and get right down to business. Either they were fighting, talking, or giving eachother stuff. Seems like the very latter was this situation. Altostratus? Eh, sure, I'm sure you guys have a Gummi Ship for leader's or something. But why would you give a city to me? Why not just make it an expansion of MadCross or whatever? Azmot questioned this "gift horse". You never know a trap until you fall into it, so it was best to play it safe.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

"Gummi ship?" He shook the weirdness off his shoulders. It was probably a mode of transport from wherever he originated from, though it bore an odd name. "Its not a city I'm giving you, doofus. MadCross isn't a city either. Its a section of Abaddon, which is the city. Rather than 'own' a city like you've implied with the word give, I would help you attain the position necessary to run it. I can't and wouldn't make a section in the sky part of the ocean-- besides, MadCross is the largest part of the city already. I don't need more mouths to care for." He looked at the man. "Have I covered everything?"
Back to top Go down
Azmot

Azmot

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Yeah, everything pretty much makes sense. I still don't know why you chose me, but I really don't have much of an option, do I? Azmot said plainly. He looked around at the people on the scaffolding, noticing a particularly burly one staring him down. Looking back at Jake, Azmot asked his last question. So, shall we go?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:31 pm

"Yes," he stated dryly. "Simply follow me to the MadCroos capitol building and don't mae eye contact with the blind guy next to the building. He can steal your soul if you do that." With that, Blueman left the area and entrusted the search for the leak to the most competent man there to lead "Sid" to the capitol building. Using his political ties, he'd have this incompetent fool in office the next day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)   My Stooge an' Me (Azmot) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Stooge an' Me (Azmot)
Page 1 of 1