Sohtrie's Source
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sohtrie's Source

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The House Never Folds (Iscia)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blueman

Blueman

Synch Points : 1330

The House Never Folds (Iscia) Empty
PostSubject: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Once more in his office, he awaited his new catch. They had errands to run today, and he was growing impatient. Tapping a small intercom on his desk he buzzed his secretary. "Anna, where's the new girl?" There was a brief pause before a very sassy reply came back.

"'Ow am I 'sposed t'know? Wha' am I 'er keepa?" He pinched his noise-- her voice was so annoying. Her accent was terrible. She sounded like a reject from some god awful show that took place in New York but pretended to be someplace else less culturally significant, like New Jersey. She sounded like she was from a show that was filmed in New York, and pretended to be on a New Jersey Coast. A shore, even. A Jersey Shore.

"Anna, do me a favor," he replied back ina very nice, even tone. "I want you do go home, and-- listen carefully to this next part now-- tear out your vocal cords with a fax machine because you have the worst accent/pitch combo I've ever heard. Do me a favor, and just die." There was another pause from the speaker, then the line opened up again. For a few moments, there was nothing more than the sound of chewing gum, ad he could swear he smelt whore seeping through the line.

"'Kay," she replied nonchalantly. He laid his face down to his desk. Hopefully that girl would arrive soon.

"Goddamn it."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

Synch Points : 550

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm

The hour had passed, and Iscia found her way to the address she was given. Admittedly the building was far more grand than she had expected given their unscrupulous encounter just a short time ago. The structure loomed with an imposing presence, and were it not for the fact that she'd already researched that this was the capitol building, it would have even felt uninviting. But onwards she trudged, making strides towards the gate and past security. Stopping to ask for directions to the room listed on the paper took but a couple seconds. From there she found her way to a desk with a woman behind it, she seemed to be upset about something... Either that or she was laughing to tears, either way it was not important why or why not she was pouring that incessant drool from her tear ducts. Iscia straightened her hair before walking up and speaking to the woman.
Excuse me, I do believe I have an appointment here.
Her tone remained businesslike and professional, almost as though she were in an interview. Hopefully this woman would be emotionally fit enough to service this request, if not she would have a hard time reasoning with her in this facade...
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 pm

"I gave her the instructions... she should have been here about five minutes ago," he groaned angrily. It was simple: he picked her up in Diana in his car, brought her to MadCross, and gave her ANOTHER hour to get ready and familiar with everything. "Talk about killing time," he said. Downstairs, the sobbing secretary pointed left, indicating a stairwell and a sign. There, by the top floor was a line that read "Consuls' office". She continued sobbing, not looking up from her other hand. Jake tapped a finger on his desk. He'd lived six thousands years, so five minutes was't a big deal. Making like it was gave him a kind of human pleasure he had been lacking as of late. He was a great actor after all.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Ascending the aforementioned stairwell, Iscia maintained her dignified composure as expected of someone in such a businesslike domain. If there was one thing Iscia was good at, it was blending in. Finding her way to the doors of the office, she knocked twice before entering. Closing the door behind her she looked at the figure behind the desk in a firm but somehow passive manner, not that her attention wasn't there. She bowed her head slightly before allowing it back up and speaking to her host in a very precise manner.
Consul. I do believe we have an appointment?
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

"That would be obvious," he said in a frank tone. "Six minutes late, Iscia Don't make a habbit of it." He motioned to one of the cushioned, red leather chairs directly in front of his desk, inviting her to site down as his fingers formed a pyramid. "Now, let's start fresh Iscia. We drove in silence fr an hour, and I had ample time to look you over. You're new to Abaddon, that much is obvious. You also have a type of ability I have become familiar with as of late, but do not possess myself. That makes you a very useful person to me. As a show of good faith, I am willing enough to answer any questions you may have about out city, so have at it."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm

This was a rather quick start. He must be a man of long schedules, or perhaps short patience.... regardless it was a fair and opportune moment to learn all she could.
.....Questions huh?... Very well. Firstly, is what the other man from before said true? That this is an extradimensional plane?
It was a question twofold, this would not only answer her geographic question, but also the one of whether or not these people were agents from the other faction...
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 pm

"Excellent first question. Yes and no. Abaddon is a city hidden in the folds of space time. There are many reasons you might have wound up here, but based on how you've reacted thus far I'll judge that your's was accident. All of us who have come here have been almost completely cut off from the outside world, except for the few people who arrive externally and almost nobody ever leaves. The city seems to expand on its own to make up for a growing population-- currently, its at an area of about 180,000 square miles. The whole of the city if it was placed in a square would be about 600 miles long by 300 miles wide. Its also stuck in a loop-- stepping out of the city will return you to the spot you tried to leave from."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Interesting. A vast city in an extradimensional plane of existence. Her fears, even though doubt persisted to some degree, slowly dissipated about her current host's true intentions.
I see.
Another question came forth, one that he again, could likely answer.
I'll assume your acquaintance from before was telling the truth, which brings to mind, who was he?
Another question twofold. But maybe even more if this man was feeling kind.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm

"A nuisance," he answered somewhat annoyed. "I do not know his identity, but I've run into him multiple times before, though I wasn't aware of it at the moment." He was lying-- he'd known from the start that the man was the one he'd met in his arena, in the maze. "I know this much though: his presence is a counter to your ability, but he also apparently has a variation of the one you use that's proving to be quite bothersome."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 am

A similar ability?... Were this her homeworld, it would be absurd to think of it, since there were only a few dozen in existence... She raised her brow, ready to move to another question.
I suppose then, the next logical question is who are you, to this world that is? A term such as Counsel is usually someone of great authority, unless that too has changed in this world?
It was as much question as it was compliment, trying to take the bit of edge out of the air that she could help.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:07 am

"No, that much is accurate. I am Jake Griffin, consul of MadCross. I am one of five Consuls in control of a sector of Abaddon."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 am

Five sectors? Interesting.... Making a mental note of this she decided to ask around the street more about that later.
I see, Mr. Griffin. Well, then here's the question that I need to ask most, one I'm sure you've been waiting for me to ask as well. What do you want of me?
She tilted her head a little, asking this. She already gathered it was her ability, but surely there was more to it, certainly there was more detail. She only hoped he knew she was asking for an in depth answer in this.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:17 am

"As I stated previously Iscia, you have something I desire, and I should like your services. In exchange for your cooperation, I will compensate you in any way you deem possible. Expenses paid, salary, benefits-- everything a new citizen needs to have a comfortable life. All I would require for this compensation is your loyalty." He paused, letting it sink in before adding his final words. "Sound fair?"
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 am

She took the moment offered to consider his offer. Anything she could want to be a full citizen huh?... Now that she had no way to return home, she figured she would need a job, or at the very least, a place to stay. It just made sense. The only question is what sort of tasks it might involve. But then again, she wasn't picky. Back on her homeworld she served as a mediator, a diplomat, assigned by whatever deity decided to give her the amazing gift she had. A curse in her mind too, being forced to live for others. For once she was free to make a choice. This time, she would serve, but of her own volition. Smirking and nodding she spoke once more.
I'll take all of those offers. And, one more thing. I need you to guarantee to the best of your ability, my protection.
She was lining up her thoughts to expand on the comment if needed, but she doubted it would be necessary to further explain.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:44 am

"Your safety?" He voice was a mock understanding, followed by laughter. "My dear, you would have the same protections as me. Safety is more than guaranteed-- its a part of your job." A gun shot could be heard echoing through out the building. He winced, and placed his palm to his face before pressing the speaker. "Anna, what was that?" Silence. Too long a silence; usually Anna only waited a second or two. "Anna, why was there a gun fired in my building?" A another long pause, before the speaker whirred to life.

"Uh, sir?" It was David, the janitor. "Anna's dead."

"Oh?" His voice was reeked of mild surprise. "She's dead you say?"

"Yeah," the janitor's voice trailed. "I think she killed herself sir. She's holding a gun, and its been fired." Now it was Jake's turn to be silent. He was silent for nearly ten seconds, deep in thought before the Janitor's voice brought him back. "Sir?"

"Did she get any blood on that Burgie painting behind her?" His voice was concerned.

"N-no sir..." the janitor sounded a little shocked.

"Alright then," he sighed in relief. A few seconds later he spoke plainly, "clean it up, dump it out back in the bin. We'll have it sent to the incinerator." Another crackle on the intercom.

"Yes sir." He smiled.

"Alright, now that nasty business is sorted out, welcome to MadCross Ms. Glaci. I do hope you enjoy your stay with us." He outstretched his hand across the table, offering it to her. After this, he would show her to her apartment.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 am

She softly offered her hand in return, ready to do as instructed... Still, suicide? That woman must've had some problems to pull something like that, no pun intended. Although the pun did cause her to mentally giggle some. She never really did care about anyone else, even though she always had to act like she did. So being able to ignore it for a change was refreshing, even almost invigorating.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:09 am

He accepted her hand, and stood up. Walking around the desk he headed towards the door, indicating that she should follow him and heading down the stairs. "The building is actually just across the street. The penthouse has been uninhabited for some years, and will likely need care. I'll have men come tomorrow morning to upgrade it to your specifications."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 am

She followed along, nodding at his comments occasionally. Looking over she saw the building he spoke of.... should be interesting....
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:27 am

They left the foyer-- Anna's body must have just been cleaned. It smelt of fresh pine in the area, which passed to a more fishy, salty smell. They crossed the street rather quickly, and headed into the elevator. In cramped space, they started to ascend as he put a key into one of the places where a button normally would be. He drew it out and handedit here. "This is the elevator to your new home. This key makes it take you there." He kept it on a necklace around his neck-- he wasn't going to give it up just yet. Not until they saw the condition of this place.
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:31 am

Interesting... certainly safer than the button system of yore.
Very nice.
The comment was more to point out she was still listening, some people thought silence meant that their guest wasn't paying attention, so out of habit she occasionally speaks one-liners to keep them going... more diplomacy crap....
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 am

The elevator door dinged, and opened up. The room was dark-- he would fix that. "Here we are," he said. He flipped the light switch on in the room, it suddenly filling up with a soft, white light. "What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 am

It would have been a lie to call it unimpressive, despite the years of neglect. On the far walls were angled glass windows looking out into the city, with the capitol well within view. It was a large room here, probably 50 ft by 65 ft wide. There was no real furnishing, but she would take care of that. In the corner closest to the elevator on the right was a kitchen, disused and dusty, but it had potential, even an island. There was a door right past it on that wall, likely leading to a bedroom given the darkness within. The left wall housed a rather large painting of a man stabbing a woman, who was stabbing a man, who was melting partially onto the blade by which he was stabbed.... abstract to be sure.... Apart from that oddity, it was actually rather nice, a large ceiling fan dominated the room too, although it was vaulted rather high, being on the top floor had many benefits... There was also a door to the left wall, near it's corner, looked like a fire escape of sorts, likely leading to the rooftop. All in all, dust and mold aside, and painting ignored, and impressive suite.
I've gotta say.... I am impressed.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 am

"That's wonderful news," he said in an unamused tone. He stepped out into the living room, staring at the painting and examining the surroundings. "I've been in here only once, and never had any interest in it. It needs maintenance. I'll have some people come by in the morning to clean the dust and mold."
Back to top Go down
Iscia

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:07 am

Iscia closed her eyes and smiled to herself.
I would appreciate that. Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Griffin. I do look forward to working with you, if the rewards are as grand as this.
Back to top Go down
Blueman

Blueman

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:10 am

"They are," he stated. "Loyalty is rewarded handsomely," a grin. Turning to her and noting her closed eyes, he continued, "so consider this a show of good faith. While the men repair your home, you'll be escorted through the nicer part of the down town area to pick out furniture and other accessories. What ever you want at no cost to you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The House Never Folds (Iscia)   The House Never Folds (Iscia) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The House Never Folds (Iscia)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next